Τhe present Privacy Notice provides you with additional information on how we collect your personal data and for which purposes we process them.
The legislation on personal data is changing with effect from the 25th of May 2018 (EU Regulation 2016/679). The present Privacy Notice has been drafted in order to inform you about the way we process your data and about your rights deriving from the law.
You should read the Privacy Notice in order to fully understand the legal basis for collecting your personal data, how we use them, to whom we may transfer them, and the relevant rights you may have regarding them. Additional privacy policies other than the present may apply to the use of your personal data (such as the Cookies Policy). Before browsing the website or performing any transactions with us, please read the present Privacy Notice and make sure you agree with the terms and conditions under which we collect and process your personal data.
The present Privacy Notice forms an integral part of the General Terms and Conditions of Use and of any the other policies adopted by the Company.
Commitment to the Protection of Personal Data
The security and protection of your personal data is a priority for us. This is why our Company handles your personal data with responsibility and protects your right to privacy in accordance with the law. Our Company shall not at any time, receive from you more personal data than those that are necessary for each purpose for which they are collected.
We will always keep your personal data safe and comply with all applicable data protection provisions as each time in force according to the legislative and regulatory framework.
Who we are
The data controller for the collection, processing and use of your personal data within the meaning of the applicable legal and regulatory framework for the protection of your personal data is considered:
The company under the trade name «GOGALIS IOANNIS» and the distinctive title «THALKYMOS» (Tax Reg. No: 050804538, Ampelokipon Tax Office) with registration number 147724704000, (hereinafter «Thalkymos», the «Company», «we», «us», «our»). (L. Vironos 2, 56121, Ampelokipi, Thessaloniki, Greece, email: email@example.com)
Your obligation to inform us about changes to your personal data
It is important that the personal data we hold about you are up-to-date and accurate. Please let us know as soon as possible regarding any changes to your personal data for the duration of any transactional relationship with us.
What type of personal data do we collect?
Personal data or personal information is any information related to an identified or identifiable natural person (“data subject”); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly. Such data do not include information that is anonymous.
We collect the personal data you provide us as part of your registration as a customer to our E-shop or a physical store, or when you make a purchase as a guest visitor or as a registered user on our E-shop, as well as any other additional information you may provide in order to renew or update your registration information from time to time or other information necessary to conduct and perform any transaction with us. In addition, we may process personal data that we collect or create by our own means or we receive from third parties.
Such data include:
Identification information such as: name, surname, title, gender, username or any other similar identifier (e.g., email).
Contact details such as: delivery address, billing address, e-mail, landline and/or mobile phone no. and other contact information.
Payment details such as: debit or credit card details (card type, credit card number, card name, expiration date, and CCV number)
Transaction information such as: details of the products you purchased, information necessary in case of returns or refund such as your bank account, beneficiary name, IBAN, banking institution.
Technical data such as: source-channel, device, duration of visit and browsing on our E-shop, IP address, additional browser type and version, time zone and location, operating system-platform and other information regarding the technology of the device you use to access our website. For more details on the information we collect through cookies, please see our policy below.
Information regarding your account, such as: password and email, purchases or orders that are in progress, pending or have taken place, your interests and preferences regarding the products we provide, as well as any comments or answers in market research surveys we might do.
Usage information, such as: information on how you use our website, the products and the services we provide.
Marketing and communication data: including your preferences for receiving promotional material from us and third parties and your preferences for your communication with us, provided that we have your consent for this, and your opinion on products you purchased from us.
Please note that in order to register or to continue to use our E-shop we need your email, your name, your address, your phone number. However, if you provide us with additional personal data upon our request or voluntarily we will be able to provide you with better services.
How we collect your information.
We collect personal data about you:
- Through a direct transaction with us either via our branch network or our E-shop or via a telephone or another communication with us.
- When you create a user account with us, through the relevant form you complete and any other information you provide to us for the duration of use of such account.
- By signing up for the Company Newsletter or by participating in a contest, survey or other promotional action.
- When you communicate with us either in social media or for inquiries, complaints and other requests through our channels of communication or when you give us your opinion on our products.
- In case you subscribe to our service via a social media platform, we may collect your personal data directly from the information you have provided to the platform (provided that the social network platform has the right to share your personal data with us).
- From third-party providers or from publicly available sources
How do we use your personal information?
We will process your personal data only when it is permitted by law. In general, we will use your personal data only:
If we have to perform the contract, we are about to conclude or have already concluded with you.
If it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or interests of a third party) that are not overridden by your interests and fundamental rights
If we have to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
When you have given us your explicit consent to do so.
In general, we do not rely on your consent as a legal basis for processing personal data except when we send you notifications regarding our promotional activities or when we process special categories of personal data. You reserve the right to withdraw your consent to receive notifications regarding our promotional activities at any time by contacting us using the contact information mentioned herein.
In case you no longer wish to have a customer account you can contact us (by phone or in writing) in order to delete your account at any time by following the deletion process.
The legal basis and purpose of processing your personal data.
In addition, we may process your personal data within the context of the performance of a contract we have with you or prior to the contract:
- To identify and verify your information.
- To register you as a new customer – user.
- To process and complete your order with us, to manage payments and other charges.
- To participate in a contest or a prize draw as part of our promotional activities provided that you accept the terms of participation.
- For the general service, management, monitoring, processing of your transactions with us.
- To serve all types of transactions through electronic services.
In most cases, processing of your personal data as outlined in this Notice is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests of the Company that are not overridden by your interests
in order to:
- Manage and protect our business and website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting, and data retention)
- Prevent and deal with cases of fraud and other illegal activities for the protection of public and safety of personnel, including video surveillance system.
- Provide access to your personalized account where you can track your transactions (your past and pending purchases), products of your interest, wish lists you have created, execute your purchases faster, etc. The details and content of the user profile are visible to you at any time.
- Offer you services that are useful, easy to use and enjoyable, including personalized communication with you in the preferred means of communication and products of your interest and that benefit you, according to your preferences.
- Understand better our customer database so that we can improve our services, products and promotional actions and manage and improve the services for our registered users
- Understand better your shopping habits in order to develop and improve our products and our services and to customize the content of the website to your needs and preferences.
- To measure the effectiveness of the presentation and the promotion of the Company to third party websites.
- To analyze the effectiveness of our marketing and to assist in promoting the most appropriate messages, information and offers to you and other customers
- For market research purposes, evaluation and analysis of your opinion on our products and our commercial policy, reputation, recognition of our trademarks and other distinctive features.
- For the collection and recovery of any payment obligations you have towards us.
- To use data analysis tools in order to improve our website, the products/services, our relationship with our clients.
In some cases, we may process your personal data once we have previously obtained your consent, such as for the purposes of:
- informing you about events, special offers, promotional actions and other relevant issues/news pertaining to the Company and our products and services according to the preferred method of contact you have selected.
- To inform you about offers or promotional activities of third party partners, if you have given us your consent for this, according to the preferred method of contact you have selected.
- To advertise our company and our products to the social media to you and other people who may be interested in what we offer.
We may process your data within the context of the Company’s compliance with the obligations established in the applicable legal and regulatory framework.
If you have signed up to the Thalkymos newsletter and you have given your explicit consent, we will use your information for the following purposes:
The Thalkymos newsletter may contain news, advertisements, promotions, proposals to participate in campaigns and events organized by the Company or to which the Company participates, gift vouchers, and other information in connection to the products and the services that Thalkymos provides. The content of the newsletter may be personalized to your preferences and interests.
By signing up to the Thalkymos newsletter, you give us the opportunity to create a customized collection of news, promotions and other information you may be interested in, by evaluating your shopping habits and your searches on our website in order to be able to draft a newsletter which will be personalized to your requests and interests.
If you no longer wish to receive the Thalkymos newsletter, you can unsubscribe from the list of newsletter recipients at any time. In order to unsubscribe from the list, please select the link that you can find in every newsletter or contact us either by email or in writing through our contact form that is available in our e-shop.
How long will we retain your personal data?
We will retain your personal data for as long as you continue to interact with us (for example if you receive emails from us, if you make a purchase on our E-shop, if you participate in a contest, etc.)
If you inform us at any time that you no longer wish to be a customer of our Company we will then delete all your personal information from our records.
In some cases, we collect your personal information for specific purposes, such as in case of return of goods that you have purchased. In such cases, we may request additional information from you such as your bank account, beneficiary name, IBAN and banking institution in order to complete the refund.
With who do we share your personal information?
The Company may share the personal data and Information it collects about its users in accordance to the terms of the present policy, with third parties in the context of performing transactions with you and for the general well-functioning of the company, but always in a way that guarantees that your personal data and the information that we collect about you is not subject to any unlawful processing, i.e. processed for purposes other than the following purposes:
- With our agents and/or subcontractors in order to support, promote and perform Thalkymosʾs transactional relationship with the data subjects (e.g. product transfer, credit control, etc.).
- With third-parties subcontractors, business partners who may provide on behalf of Thalkymos promotional and marketing services, technical services, such as but not limited to hosting, technical support, and newsletter delivery services.
- To advertisers or providers of advertising services in general: Thalkymos does not disclose personal information without the consent of the data subjects. However, Thalkymos may share with third party providers of advertising services statistical data regarding the products that were purchased, demographics, information regarding the technical characteristics of the portable devices used for the access of the users to our E-shop etc.
- With third parties who provide Thalkymos with services related to the operation of our E-shop as for example, developers, data analysts, suppliers, data security and information providers strictly for the purpose of providing their services to us.
- With i-cloud service providers for hosting our customer database, for technical support and management services.
- With data security providers
- With consultants of the Company (including financial, legal and other consultants) within the context for the Company’s lawful operation.
- With the credit institution that we cooperate with in order to conduct our transactions.
- With special successors: In the event that Thalkymos undergoes a business transition such as a merger, joint venture, acquisition by another company or sale of the whole or part of the Company assets, including personal information may be transferred to the successor entity/ in case of such change. If material changes to Thalkymos’s privacy practices will occur as a result of the business transition, we will notify you and other users of the business transition prior to transferring your personal information.
The Company informs you that the aforementioned categories of recipients of your personal data are considered data processors on behalf of the Company and the level of security and protection of your personal data is ensured by a written agreement.
Furthermore, we may disclose your personal information:
- If we are obligated to share or disclose your personal data in order to comply with a legal requirement or in order to protect the rights, the property and security of our business, of our clients or of others. This includes cases of sharing of personal information with other companies or organizations for fraud prevention purposes.
- To competent supervisory, judicial, law enforcement and other administrative authorities at local and European level, following a lawful request by them and in accordance with applicable each time legal laws. Moreover, in case of a statutory provision, a service order or a formal preliminary examination, the Company is entitled to make the relevant information available to the competent authority.
Transfer of data outside of the European Economic Area (E.E.A.)- Cross-border transfer
The transfer of personal information to countries outside of the European Economic Area (E.E.A.) takes place only if these countries provide an adequate level of personal data protection. In case the third country outside the European Economic Area (E.E.A.) does not provide an adequate level of security of the personal data, the personal data can be transferred to that country only if the protection of data is guaranteed by a data transfer agreement which ensures an adequate level of protection or if the conditions explicitly provided by European and national law are met (for example, you, as the data subject to whom the personal data refer to have explicitly consented to the transfer).
The Company guarantees through appropriate procedures that the required procedures are carried out by the locally competent Authorities, as well as that each Company of the Group involved ensures the secure processing of the personal data that are being transferred or interconnected.
Payment by credit/debit card
In addition, if for the payment of the product(s) you purchase from Thalkymos, you chose the credit card option, you must give us for payment purposes the type and card number, the expiration date, the CCV number, by completing all the required fields in the (secure) order form. We accept Visa and Mastercard credit cards. The transactions in our E-shop via card, are secured by high quality security measures RSA Encryption which guarantee a secure environment for transactions for most of the world’s largest businesses. Thalkymos processes your card details for the sole purpose of completing the transaction, i.e. the payment of the purchase of the products from our E-shop. Your card number is not stored, therefore for each purchase at our E-shop which you wish to pay by credit card, you will need to re-enter your card details. Our payment service provider is responsible for handling safely your credit card information.
What will happen if you do not provide us with your personal data or if you request that we cease processing them?
Please note that in order to continue to be a registered customer and to use our E-shop we need your email address (in order for you to be able sign in to your account) and the necessary contact details listed in the above section: “What type of personal data do we collect?” (in order to submit a purchase order). However, if you wish to provide us with more information upon relevant request by us we will then be able to provide you with higher-level services and to improve the general experience when you transact with us.
If you request that we cease processing your personal data, we might not be able to provide you with any privileges or facilitations related to your registration.
We inform you in detail about your rights with respect to your personal data processed by us. Specifically, upon your request and subject to the conditions of the applicable law:
Right of information
The Company must provide you with all the necessary information regarding the processing of your personal data, including as to what data are being processed, for what purposes, how long the data will be stored, in a concise, transparent, easy to understand and easily accessible format, using clear and plain language.
Right of access
You have the right to obtain from the Company confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed and, where that is the case, you have the right of access to such personal data.
Right to rectification
You have the right to request from the Company the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you and the completion of incomplete information about you.
Right to erasure
You have the right to request the erasure of your personal data.
Right to restriction of processing
You have the right to obtain from the Company the restriction of your processing, under conditions
Right to object to processing
You have the right to object, at any time to processing of personal data concerning you. The Company in that case shall no longer process your personal data unless it demonstrates compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms as data subject or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Right to obtain human intervention in automated individual decision-making processing
You have the right to request from the Company to not be subject , if applicable, to a decision process based solely on automated processing including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or significantly affects you.
Right to data portability
You have the right to request from the Company to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable or to be transmitted to another provider without hindrance.
Furthermore, in order to facilitate the exercise of your rights, the Company is developing internal procedures in order to achieve prompt and effective responses to your requests.
Specifically, as described in detail above, once your identity is verified, as data subjects you have the right of access, i.e. the right to be informed, following your request, whether or not your personal data is being processed, and, to receive a copy and further clarification regarding the undergoing processing. In addition, you have the right to request the rectification of inaccurate personal data or their completion, as well as, subject to the conditions of the Law, to exercise the right to erasure, the right to restrict of processing, the right to data portability, the right to object to the processing and the right to obtain human intervention in automated processing.
In case you believe that the protection of your personal data is in any way violated, you can submit a complaint to the Data Protection Authority using the following contact information:
Postal address: 1-3 Kifisias avenue, P.C.: 115 23, Athens
Phone center: +30 2106475600
Fax: +30 210 6475628
Requests addressed to us
We are required by law to respond to your requests and to provide you with information free of charge, except when a data subject’s claims are manifestly unfounded or excessive, particularly because of their recurring nature, in which case we are entitled to impose a small fee for the provision of information or to deny your request.
In order to exercise the above rights, please submit your request:
At the following email address:firstname.lastname@example.org
Please consider with responsibility your request before submitting it. We will reply as soon as possible. In general, we reply to your requests within one (1) month of when we received the request, but if the request requires more time then we will inform you accordingly (within one month).
Links to third party websites
Our website may contain links to third party websites, microsites, add-ons and applications. By clicking or enabling these links, you grant the right to third parties to collect or share information about you. We do not have control over third-party websites and we are not responsible for their own privacy notices, and in the case of additional services offered to you from by third-parties through the booking process, you should be aware that Thalkymos may only act as the data processor on behalf of those third-parties. Therefore, whenever you use these links, or microsites or whenever you leave our website, we suggest that you read the privacy notices of those third-parties.
We will not knowingly collect, any personal information from any person under the age of 15 years old. Our website, products and services are aimed exclusively at individuals who are 15 years old or older.
If you are younger than 15 years of age, please do not use or provide any information on this website or thorough any of its features, do not register on the website, do not make any purchase through the website and do not give any information about you to us, including your name, your address, your phone number or your e-mail address.
If we find that we have collected or received personal data from a child younger of 15 years old we will delete such information, unless consent or authorization has been given by the child’s guardian.
If you think we may have information from or about a child under the age of 15 y.o. please contact us.
Changes to this privacy notice and our obligation to inform you about such changes
This version was last revised on the 25th of May 2018. The present privacy notice replaces all previous notices we may have previously provided regarding our information practices. We reserve our right to change this notice and to apply any change to the information that has been previously collected in accordance with the law. If there are substantially changes in the present notice or our personal information practices change in the future, we will notify you by publishing the changes on our website. You are responsible of visiting our website for any changes in the present notice that may apply to you.
- What are cookies
Information collected through the cookies may include the type of browser you may use, the type of computer, its operating system, the online service providers and other information of this kind. In addition, the website information system collects automatically information about the locations you are visiting and about the links to third party websites you may visit through our website.
For more information about Cookies, how to manage them and how to delete them, please visit www.aboutcookies.org
- Types of cookies
Thalkymos.com uses the following categories of Cookies:
Session and Persistent cookies
“Session” Cookies are stored on your computer or your electronic device for the duration of your visit on our Website and are removed when you leave the website. “Persistent” cookies remain at your computer or your electronic device for a longer period of time until they are deleted by you. For example, the Cookies that are necessary for the provision of our Services to you (Cookies that are responsible for remembering the products stored in your shopping cart and which remain on your computer or device for about 7 days), or Cookies which track your behavior within our Website, such as your choices, your demographics, the products you visit, and more information that help create an anonymous profile.
Third parties such as Google Analytics may install Cookies that we use. In the event that through our Website you visit third party websites or connect to social networking sites (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube) you must be aware that these websites may place cookies as soon as you click on the respective link. These Cookies are outside of our control and are governed by the Cookies Policy of each third party that installs them. You must review the respective policies of such websites, in order to see how exactly you can manage them.
- How to manage and delete the Cookies.
Most browsers provide settings on managing cookies. These settings may vary depending on the type of browser you are using. Depending on the settings provided by your browser, you may allow cookies to be installed, you can disable/ the existing or be notified every time a cookie is placed on your computer/device. You can find instructions for the management and deletion of Cookies in the “Help”, “Tools” or “Edit” functions within your browser. Alternatively, you may find comprehensive information at www.youronlinechoices.com/gr, about how to manage and delete cookies on a wide variety of browsers.
Please note that if you reject or disable the Cookies of our website, you may find that certain sections of our website do not work properly. Moreover, disabling a cookie or a category of Cookies, does not delete the Cookie from the browser. Such action should be done by you by changing the internal functions of the browser you are using.
We may from time to time modify the Cookies Policy, either in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. Any amendment to the present will apply as soon as the amended Policy is uploaded on the website. At the same time, there will be a notification on our homepage that will note the change. In any case, if you continue to use our website, its services and the services of our E-shop, following amendments to it as above, you will be considered having accepted such amendments. If you do not agree to the terms of the present, as it may be modified from time to time, either in whole or in part, you must cease using the website and the services offered herein
Any changes to the present Policy will be uploaded here.
If you have any questions about the present Policy, please contact us at email@example.com